This USA made Modified Square Tool has features of six squaring tools in one and is ideal for reducing the measurements needed to square pipe flanges.
Carpentry: notching out 2 x 4's and trusses, stair stringers, framing, layout of double corners. Both exterior and interior surfaces could be checked for square or be marked for measurements.
Cabinetry: Measuring and squaring of inside and outside corners in one move. Great for measuring depths and heights. Incisive for squaring overhanging edges.
Draftsmen/Architects: Drawing double horizontal lines, double vertical lines and double corners in one move.
Dry Dock: around the edge of bulkheads and square. Fits structural pipe.
Wet Dock: square pipe and structural steel in wet dock. Due to the inability to use a level on water, provides pipefitters squaring in two moves.
Draftsmen: drawing double lines (45°- 90° degree angles)
Marking work points on the inside and outside of lumber and other materials
Construction of Homes and Buildings
Engineering Manufacture of Products
Structural Steel Fabrication
Layout and Fitting
Do It Yourself Folks
- 3 points of centering T-square effect (45°- 90° degree angles)
- Tri-square effect
- Handle-like squaring
- Regular squaring
- Measures height and depth simultaneously
- Squares pipe flanges in two moves
- Ability to square around an over-hanging edge
- Stair stringer layout (tread and rise marked in one step)
- Great for marking your spindles from rise to tread
- Marking and measuring the holes in the web of beams in one move
- Floor joist layout
- Transfer line for near-side to far-side for reference work points